Friday, November 8, 2013

A Grateful Heart

There is a song that we used to sing in church as a child that said, "There's a roof up above me, I've got a good place to sleep. There's food on the table And shoes on my feet. You gave me your love Lord And a fine family, So thank you Lord for your blessings on me." I remember that song fondly because it reminds me of the simple things and that among all the many things we may lack to find a moment to be grateful for the things we have. Many families have struggled with the economy and for the aging social security does not seem enough to live on. We sometimes struggle not only financially but emotionally, mentally and physically. The Thanksgiving Season is a time of harvest. In the traditional sense, we learned in school about the Pilgrims and Indians and how they shared of their crops and harvest. Thanksgiving is a time of both harvesting and giving. Truly in our gratitude we find in our hearts to give to those around us. As we take a moment this time of the year to be thankful for our families and a table full of pleasantries, may we also find it in our hearts to share of our abundance however big or small. May we also be thankful to the giver of all life, love and good things. A grateful heart is truly a grateful heart. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: